16 April, 2005

A quick catch up on Friday night...

...just realised I completely forgot to mention it before! We had arranged to meet up with "Squiz", an old friend for a few drinks, as she has just started working in London by happy coincidence. The wait for her to turn up proved to be rather boring (and crowded), so I thought (seeing as I am re-reading "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire" at the moment in anticipation of the new movie) that I would go and find "the barrier in between platforms 9 and 10", it was actually miles away from the main concourse, but I finally found it -
Click for a larger image...
- which is a bit of a shock, because they clearly haven't used this location in any of the movies so far...! Bit strange! To be honest, the waiting area is so small for these two platforms that any attempt to secretly crash your trolley into the barrier would probably be easily seen by everyone, so in this case the reality is, it wouldn't have looked at all plausible on film if they had used the "real" barrier... ;)
Anyway, when she finally did turn up we made our way to the mutually approved "Sahara Nights" for a few drinks (which, I might add, looks much better at night!) -
Click for a larger image...
- the return trip (for me at least) in the evening was a great success, even if the music was a bit on the noisy side, we still managed to find a little table upstairs where we could chat...The bar staff were a bit on the dozy side though, constantly getting the change wrong (accidentally of course)... >;(
"FlyingPops" joined us after about an hour I suppose and we moved on to "The Driver" (can't find a web site for them I am afraid), where I enjoyed this little "make good" for lunch -
Click for a larger image...
- the owner (apart from telling me that this steak is hung for 3 weeks, and tastes every bit as good as his claim, by the way!) told me that he was expecting someone from the Evening Standard to come and review his cuisine on Monday, I hope they put a bit less salad dressing on his/her plate...trying to eat those 6 inch long stalks of curly leaf proved to be rather a messy (but tasty) affair! ;)

No comments: