17 April, 2005

Still running behind...!

On Saturday I went out for a little exploration of the local area, I have only really cycled round before (at some speed) and moving on foot gives you more time to appreciate the scenery you are passing, here are a few shots I took as I was wandering, first off, some of the "Horse circles" I was talking about -
Click for a larger image...

Click for a larger image...

- quite honestly, if you didn't know these had been made by a tethered horse over the course of a couple of days you could jump to all sorts of conclusions about their origins!
Click for a larger image...
Next up, a very sad sign hastily painted onto a bit of wood outside Redhill football ground reads "Nothing left to steal - thankyou!". Now, I have been in mens changing rooms, and I can't begin to imagine what anyone would have wanted with the contents...Actually, thinking about it, the club probably has a bar, which would likely contain some more understandable targets for theft...
Click for a larger image...
Just a little way back from the main road, after wandering for a while through a little woodland, I found this pond, there is definitely something to be said for sub-pushbike speeds...I'd never even seen the path before then! ;)
Click for a larger image...
One of several old milestones I passed on my walk (marking out the distance between Westminter and Brighton), not that I was going to walk as far as either of those destinations...I think it would have taken about a week!
Click for a larger image...
I stopped for lunch at a pub in Earlswood (part of the travelodge range), which consisted of a pint and a cheese and pickle sandwich, served with coleslaw and chips (not worthy of a photograph I am afraid), but I was starving hungry so it had to do... ;)

No comments: