16 May, 2005

Had a bit of a shock this...

...morning, apart from waking up rather later than intended (thanks to setting the alarm clock to go off at 1830hrs instead of 0630hrs last night), upon getting to the station, I sat in the shelter and read as usual (Third book of "The Wheel of Time" at the moment)...glancing up from time to time to see if my train had appeared on the indicator board...as time ticked on, I began to get a little nervous when my train didn't appear as normal....and then it *suddenly* struck me! About 2 weeks ago someone had given me a flyer (which I had glanced over and discarded) saying that the engineers were pretty close to finishing their work on the line across London and the Thameslink services were going to be joined back up again! That day was *today*, and I hadn't bothered to check Railtrack for any revised timetable! As it turned out, my train *was* up on the board, but the final destination has, of course, changed to Bedford instead of Kings Cross....so things were pretty much normal, apart from the fact that it was delayed by 20 minutes...typical! Hope my journey home goes a bit better, I have a meeting at 1900hrs!
Click for a larger image...

No comments: