05 May, 2005

Today is Polling day...

...in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland for our General Election (I wonder if the Americans are as interested in our election as we were in theirs? Probably not!). I live in a Conservative safe seat, so not sure if it was really worth casting my vote, but I did so anyway (not least because the polling station was under 100 yards from my front door)... ;)
Click for a larger image...
This year I really feel like the only people who actually put any effort in to win my vote were the Labour party, they were in the estate so often I was almost getting into "nodding aquaintance" terms with some of the campaigners... ;) Not to mention the leafleters at the station! I simply didn't see hide nor hair of "the other lot" though, I guess because it is traditionally a safe seat they felt like they didn't need to bother, so it would be funny if we have a little suprise when the results come in (yeah, right, I can stop day-dreaming now!)... ;)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Blimey that was quick. I'm still registered at Dorking so may go later. Any news on our get together?