20 June, 2005

Interesting shops of Kings Cross #5

...okay, not really a shop, the pub called "Central Station" doesn't exactly present a welcoming façade to the general public (and not without good reason either) -
Click for a larger image...
- which, until I "googled it" was rather an enigma (revealing the weekly calendar of rubber fetish nights etc. which one doesn't normally find among the guest bands and lager promotions)...there was *obviously* something a *bit* sus about it, interestingly my initial impression was that it was the hang out of a dangerous gang of crack dealers, but it somewhat dissapointingly turns out it is rather a normal gay bar most of the time. I'm a bit suprised that the owners have decided to dress it up like a fortress, it makes me wonder if this is just a hang-over from less tolerant times? You wouldn't see this sort of nonsense in Amsterdam, a great big pink Neon "GAY" sign would be more likely...anyway, if I had kept my eyes open a little longer before curiosity and the internet took over, just recently there were abundant clues for the observant of the activities conducted within -
Click for a larger image...

No comments: