20 June, 2005

Really muggy today...

...temperatures are down a bit on yesterday, but the humidity is almost unbearable...standing and waiting for the train this morning everyone on the platform (most people in full suit/tie ensemble) were in a zombie-like daze, I only just snapped out of mine (nose buried deep in the "Lamb and Mutton" chapter of "Mrs Beaton's Book of Household Management") when I caught the last words of the Groundhog day-like announcement (that I ususally ignore) were subtelly different, ending with "four coaches" instead of the usual "eight"...uh oh...

I think I can honestly say I was the only person that actually heard the difference (miasmic-atmosphere to blame, perhaps) and hurried the length of the platform to just past the 4 car stop sign, and lucky I did, I got the last seat (right in the back corner, between an overwieght woman, a man using a laptop and a bloke soundly asleep) which was *rather* close...everyone else stood and as you can imagine, with half the normal amount of coaches, we were packed like sardines in a sweatshop by the time we hit East Croydon...nice... :(

Click for a larger image...

No comments: