07 July, 2005

The Police...

...commisioner has said that "if you have arrived at your destination and are safe and unhurt, stay where you are"...the MD has said that we can go home if we want, but in the light of that advice I think I'm best off here...

I went up to the roof a short while ago, stationary trains standing at the normally busy platforms, the London Eye (still turning in the distance) the sounds of sirens and crowds of dazed looking people below, desperately, and fruitlessly trying to get through on their mobile phones...I'm starting to wonder how I am going to get home when I do decide to go...
Click for a larger image...
...one of the daftest things I have heard so far on the radio was that the police apparently are still having to turn people away from stations who are desperately trying to get to work...! What kind of fool would you have to be?

2 comments:

roobottom said...

It's offical: The Prime Minister has just said it's clear this was a terrorist attack! oh God...

Anonymous said...

Terrible..just terrible.