02 August, 2005

Back to the doctors...

...today with my toe, as it is still giving me problems (and is *still* swolen - it's been about 2 months now!)...she poked and prodded (which was admittedly unexpectedly painful) and announced that it looked like I have managed to tear some of the tendons in my foot when I had the accident...worse luck...

I queried the fact that I didn't experience much pain walking and she explained that the foot contains a large number of tendons, some of which are largely superflous to the process of walking, which was interesting...

Anyway, she ordered rest (foot raised again...doh!), ibuprofen gel 3 times a day, and taught me an excersise that should assist them with the repair process (oh and gave me another prescription)...but she warned me that they *may* not heal completely and I might be stuck with some swelling permanently as a result of not resting it properly initially...whoops...! :(

Click for a larger image...

Decided to come into the office anyway...might give it a rest tomorrow, depends what I've got on (and if it can all be satisfactorally processed from home)...stupid foot...

Still, I must count my blessings, just learned that "Torquay Slag", who was off on holiday (it was his birthday yesterday to make matters worse), managed to gash his leg with broken glass somehow, don't have the details yet...but - ouch...! So he is off today...

No comments: