24 August, 2005

Dos Caminos...

...on Park Avenue for lunch (courtesy of a colleague who is leaving the company, hence the change of venue, I think, in fact, Pizza will be tomorrow now) -
Click for a larger image...
- starting with the Guacamole (described as "famous" by the waitress, listed simply as "made to order" in the menu), they offered us the choice of "mild, medium or spicy" and I confused matters by asking for a small amount of "hot", which I think the waitress took to mean as "warmed up" until I corrected my request -
Click for a larger image...
- the "spicy" really was quite spicy, you could clearly taste fresh green hot peppers, much to my delight, and the "mild" was excellent too offering a wonderful mixture of lime and corriander after the initial obigatory avacado and tomato tastes. The main course I went for was "Tacos Asada" (the hotest one they did), which was grilled kobe beef with caramelised onions, cascabel chillies and more guacamole in soft, "homemade" corn tortillias, it arrived served with a small amount of rice, and what I can only describe as a "splat" of refried beans (probably the best ones I have ever eaten, but still not worth more than a poke with my fork, very unexciting) -
Click for a larger image...
- overall yum again though...well done NY... ;) The three sauces you can see in the picture were mild (green) to habernero (super hot and darkest red) from right to left...hotest for me... ;)

As meals have gone thus far, this was definitely extremely tasty, however it was quite light as US dishes go (in my experience), which was a nice change... :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice to see you have got your appetite back

:)

Unknown said...

It was actually quite a small dinner still, but I'll see if I can make up for it tonight...

I think that this place kind of relied upon you starting with the guacamole, then having a starter, then having a main course, then a desert to fill you up...

Anonymous said...

Wonderful food,I`m very envious.So many new experiences,I`m looking forward to hearing all about it.We went to the Hill-jones`s last night and had delicious homemade tatziki, courgettes fried in olive oil and huge black greek olives.We followed that with lamb stew greek style,rice with garlic butter and fresh picked blackberries and apple with crunchy honey topping and cream to finish.We also tried a russian liqueur rather like the jagdlikor we had in Germany.Yum.Sorry no pics.

Unknown said...

Mmm...sounds wonderful! ;)