27 August, 2005

Home now...

...(this post may not make much sense just to warn you, rather tired atm) - awoke at 0500hrs US time, worked the day, then had a hellish taxi ride to the airport (heavy traffic jams) only slept for about 1.5 hours, maybe 2 (out of my usual 8 hours) on the flight and lost five hours thanks to travelling back across the timezones (on a 6 hour trip - bleugh!) -however-, I am still awake (on stimulants and a prayer)...going to try and make it until UK bed time if at all possible (the hard-line/crash approach to jetlag)...suffering mild hallucinations (funny shapes creeping around at the periphery of my vision, which when focused on, simply vanish (uh oh, reminds me of a certain story written by HPL)) from time to time, but have managed to unpack, cook a simple, but tasty lunch (at my folks, who kindly picked me up from Heathrow *thanks*) for myself at least, drink some beer, do all the washing and hang it up (even put the shirts on hangers) and get the majority of things together ready for my impending flight to Newquay airport to begin my holiday...

Just looked out at the garden (and really wished I hadn't) it's looking really wilted and sorry for itself...just don't have the energy right now to attend to it's needs...doing a small rain dance by wiggling my feet a bit...here's hoping...Zzzz...oh and all my Basil seems to be gone, a small note has replaced them talking of "fly infestations"...

On the upside, there was cold beer in the fridge and pizza in the freezer, and quite honestly that's all that seems to be terribly important at the moment...thank you flyingpops (who is probably surfing as I type!)...won't be long! ;)

Oh, and the Internet cafe (pfft!) at JFK wasn't broken, it was completely gone.... ;)

update - gave up and watered the garden (water-butt was virtually full!)...pulled out the now defunct courgette plant, picked the fresh ripe toms (and ate them there and then)...

No comments: