21 August, 2005

This afternoon...

...headed back out into the blast furnace, via cab this time, although I do rather think he took the long way round (only $1 more but it took about 5 minutes longer to get there)...spotted this on the way, thought it was rather funny -
Click for a larger image...
- shot this out the cab window -
Click for a larger image...
- as well as this -
Click for a larger image...
- anyway, New York had definitely started to wake up -
Click for a larger image...
- I stopped for lunch (after a spot of shopping) in a place called "Virgil's", sat down initially and just ordered a drink, got my book out and read for ten minutes or so, alone at the bar (quite content)...
I subconciously caught one of the other members of staff coming up to the guy that had served me my drink (and failed (at my request) to pass me a menu) saying "Man, I've got to hand it to you, you're really doing a great job here" (and angling his thumb in my direction)...I raised an eyebrow, while I tittered internally, and continued to ignore the pair of them (although I suspect, from that display, that it is the barman's job to keep everyone chatty and happy), not so back home, I fear... -
Click for a larger image...
- anyway, hehe, when I *was* ready, the menu was amazing, offering such astonishingly foreignly monikered choices as "Jay Tee's Train Wreck Fries" (consisting of fresh cut potato, melted cheddar cheese, fried bacon bits, scallions and pickled jalapeños - all covered in Ranch dressing),"BBQ Trash Riblets"(?),"BBQ Chicken Wings with blue cheese dip" (sounded nice!) and the one that won my favour-"Chilli Cheddar Burger" (consisting of our famous hand made 8oz burger with Hubba chilli (that did it!), cheddar cheese, red onion, lettuce, tomato and mustard coleslaw) -
Click for a larger image...
- I took my time, savoring the feast (and no, I didn't want fries with that)...quite wonderful, especially when drowned in "Proper BBQ sauce" and the really quite nastily named (but wonderful to eat) "Heaven Hath No Fury relish..."

Wandered back to the hotel quite slowly, got to drag this day out as long as I can as I miserably failed yesterday...checked out "Blue Smoke" briefly before freshening up tonight and recon that is probably the venue for tonight...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is there anything they didnt put into that meal?

Unknown said...

Hehe, click the image, there is a wonderful comment on my flickr account for that picture... ;)