17 October, 2005

Here we go again...

Click for a larger image...
...it's almost time for Halloween...

An attempt to make a similar effort to this one (that I spotted today in Kings Cross) last year, was foiled even before I could get a knife from the kitchen by one of the kids on the estate robbing it from the front doorstep...(although through the small child gossip network I found out who it was, by the way, and also discovered that his mum found out he had done it (quite independently) and harshly scolded him...hehe... ;)

If last year was anything to go by, Halloween where I live is actually a week-long festival of free sweets and chocolate for the entire under 16 population of the estate (as long as they are carrying a crappy plastic prop or making some such poor effort)...I am thinking of putting a sign on the door saying "Halloween - Monday October 31st" to see if this stops the hopefuls visiting on the wrong days...

On the day itself, when the really young kids come round, properly dressed up, then it is a pleasure, but do I object to the opportunistic preying on our generosity...so a sign and firm refusal to open the door on any other evenings (even if we do get an egg or two) this year I think...

No comments: