02 November, 2005

My subconscious...

...(sorry, no time to actually post anything from the last few days- but-if you are interested - ) while the "Master Control Program" is idling, the background engine in my mind seems to pick random snippets from my experience to echo, I've been half heartedly keeping a list (for about a month now), so if you would like to peer therein (during downtime), see the list below -


  • Various tunes from the Zelda series, especially "Ocarina of Time" (N64)
  • The opening tune from Final Fantasy VII (PSOne) called "Prelude" (midi version you can listen to in that previous link)
  • The line "lotsa times, when a body comes out of the water, there's like, leaves and thangs in the mouth" from the autopsy scene in "Silence of the Lambs" (yeah, odd, I know...)
  • The theme tune to the 80's TV show "The Smurfs"
  • Occasionally a pop song or other from the radio that wakes me up in the morning (but rarely)...most notably "Play that funky music" by Wild Cherry...
  • Two lines from "Day of the Dead" - "It's the R Cortex, Sarah, that central piece of primordial matter that controls our baser instincts. It's the motor that drives them..." (in a posh English accent) and "My job is to fly the whirlybird...and I'm doing that job just fine" (in a strong Jamcian accent)...
  • The words "Hoy!!! **CANADA**!!!" (being yelled in a strong Japanese accent) from the anime of the manga classic "Akira"....
  • Arnie saying "Sarah Connor?"

But, the undisputed winner, popping in at least twice every day -

  • "So long, and thanks for all the fish", the *incredibly* catchy theme music to the recent movie version of "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" (which must, by now, be very annoying to the people that work around me!)

No comments: