24 December, 2005

Rose Blossom honey and clove studded prime smoked gammon joint...


Amazingly no hangover to report this morning, we ate curry, played poker (I won, as is right on your birthday) took far too many photos, drank lots of beer and Cava and I stayed up until a silly time in the morning playing with the new DivX DVD separate that my folks got me (and yes, it plays absolutely everything I managed to throw at it)!

Got loads of other amazing gifts including the River Cottage cookbook (YES!), Sin City DVD (YES!) and a 2006 subscription to Viz comic (YES!)...jeje!...best birthday ever I think! :) :)

Now it's time to roast the Christmas bacon joint that I am taking to Flyingpops' folks...I'm going for a simple recipe, I've studded it with cloves and marinated it in organic rose blossom natural honey...should be "mmm!" :P

Update - Joint cooked, the smell was incredible, see here...

No comments: