05 January, 2006

PSP Headphones etc...

PSP Headphones
Okay, so the lovely white PSP headphones that shipped with the unit inside it's "Value Pack" (colour an attempt at "cool"-leeching from the ipod set, I think) have gone into the tech junk box under the PC (joining dusty treasures like my GBA Flash Linker, the DC Memory card rip cable, and heaps of ancient flash memory) and my standard Sony Walkman headphones (old and trusty) have migrated from the DS case to join the PSP for my commute...the reason? The PSP ones are just way too weedy! Even at full volume I could barely hear anything at all of the soundtrack over the normal rumblings of the train and chattering of foreign tourists...to be fair, they do say in the manual that they are "safe" headphones designed to protect your hearing, but frankly if you need to be in silence to hear what they are "pumping" out, the purpose is defeated...I'll turn the volume down in quiet situations anyway!

On the positive side - I'm *loving* my silicone jacket (from GAME), no danger of dropping or scratching it with that wrapped around the fragile bits like an amorous slime-mould! The combined USB link cable and charger is excellent too, especially as the USB bit also works for the C500 and my new camera (got a cigarette lighter adaptor for the car as well to cater for those camping/low battery moments)...(thanks Santa!)...

On the battery life...(I know that was one major concern I had before getting my hands on one)...just to give you an idea, when I got into work today, before charging it (after playing for about an hour on my way in) the battery life remaining estimate in "System Settings" read "7 hours 43 minutes"...not that I have tested that in anger yet, but several non-stop 3 hour sessions (between charges) over Christmas didn't dent the dashboard indicator by a single bar...so looking good!

At the moment I am mostly playing "Untold Legends - Brotherhood of the Blade" which is a hack-and-slash RPG with strong "Rogue" elements (multiple dungeons, random items, random monster positions (apart from the boss fights))...which is really very good indeed! Started two different characters, my favorite of which is a vanilla fighter (Knight Class)...There's nothing amazingly "new" about it, but I love this kind of game, and in theory it should have excellent replay value (a bit like having "Diablo"-mini on the move I guess)...take *THAT* Giant Spider scum! ;)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah Ha!
I was going to ask you where you got the silicone jacket from :D

And, thanks for clearing that up about the headphones, I was curing the device itself for being totally inaudible when playing mp3s through them.

Unknown said...

De nada, señor Nate... :)

hintofsarcasm said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Doh! Sorry Nate! Just had rather too much of that kind of thing in the past...most of them with more posts! Just shows how jaded spam comments have made me!