04 January, 2006

Sudoku

...was almost to blame for making me miss my stop on the train on the way in this morning, never played it before but found a homebrew for the PSP which proved rather *too* addictive...! It's basically a process of elimination starting with a largely empty (depending on the difficulty a certain number of "given" numbers are scattered around) 9x9 grid broken up into further 3x3 grids - one's task is to ensure that each cell has a single number between 1 and 9 that is unique both on it's own horizontal and vertical lines within the 9x9 grid, and also unique within it's 3x3 square...(it's definitely more fun than it sounds, trust me)!

When I looked up, expecting to see Farringdon and actually seeing Kings Cross, I had to bolt from my seat for the closing train door with PSP dangling dangerously from it's wrist strap and rucksack in hand banging on seat backs to avoid being whisked (gritting my teeth through the glass at a vanishing platform) to Luton Airport! Phew! :^

Slithering up the stairs at soggy Kings Cross revealed a part of town that still doesn't seem to have woken up from Christmas, even today the streets are pretty quiet comparitively, yesterday it was completely dead at 9am, guess quite a lot of people decided to commute in a bit later...I sympathise, my sleep patterns have been a bit of a mess - the usual holiday late nights etc. but also because of my recent cold - tossing and turning for much of the night, then dozing until about 1030-11am...bah to early alarms...

Just...one...more...snooze...zzzz... ;)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What version of the PSP OS are you using? 1.5, 2.0, 2.01 or 2.60?

Unknown said...

By fluke got one of the last few (oddly an imported French model) "Value" packs running at 2.00, popped it back to a 1.5 using the MPH Downgrader...(thought I had missed the homebrew boat!)...

Anonymous said...

Noooo! :(

Mine was 2.01. Dammit. Even made the stupid mistake of upgrading to 2.60. Ergh!

Unknown said...

Doh! Had two mates do exactly the same thing, Nate, you are far from alone...still, at least you can play all the latest games! I recon I'll have to buy a second one if 2.6 isn't cracked!

There is still hope, not sure if you have been watching but "Fanjita" is playing around with the save exploit on GTA-LCS with us in mind...I'm keeping my eyes on him - http://fanjita.org/