17 March, 2006

One year old!

Right, seeing as I'm going to be away on holiday on this blog's one year anniversary (21st of March) and this post was written destined to be published on that day, I'm going to post it today as I sense a very real danger that I might not be arsed to blog next week faced by all that sunshine and beer... ;)

So a few days early, in recognition, lets take a look back at the first lines of the posts from the 21st of the month through the last blog-year (as seems to be traditional within the blogosphere)... ;)

21st March 2005 - "Having enjoyed a challenging day at work (bar the excellent lunch of Wild Boar and apple sausages, courtesy of NY Boss, overlooking our local canal), this evening offered some tasty respite by the way of a re-heat of last night's (self prepared and scratch cooked) roast lamb dinner"

21st April 2005 - "Why does the moon look so *small* in photographs?"

21st May 2005 - "Just having a cheeky beer watching the qualifying for the Monaco GP (one of my faves, despite it's normal "follow the leader" processional nature), also getting ready for my 2nd viewing of Episode 3 in 2 days.."

21st June 2005 - "The Canteen was a dead loss today, so "Torquay Slag" suggested a little walk up to Angel to find something wholesome and cheap to eat, we had a stroll round the market first, which was a *lot* more exciting than my last visit (midwinter)..."

21st July 2005 - "Bloody Terrorists...same pattern, NSEW at the same moment, but a dismal failure, as I have already said... ;)"

21st August 2005 - "Breakfast in New York - Well, last night I only managed to make it until about 2200 before my eyes were closing, had a quick bath (which was far too small to be enjoyable), then watched a bit of the "Discovery Channel"'s Shark Week (Myth Busters doing the movie "Jaws" and busting most of it, why am I not shocked...?)"

21st September 2005 - "Okay, so there was a bit of a nip in the air when I left the house this morning...but (just for the record) summer is not over *officially* until I let it... ;) Last night I had a really weird dream..."

21st October 2005 - "What a morning...the flash I saw outside the window as I drank my orange juice, was not, after all, the paparatzi trying to get a sneaky shot of me in my smalls, but the beginning of an extremely heavy downpour, which still hasn't quite abaited...It's hard to motivate yourself out into these conditions for the journey into London... ;P"

22nd November 2005 - "Double Glazing - well, one of the boys at Dorking Windows is off sick today, so, rather than have a plastic bag to cover a large hole in my wall (if all hadn't gone well) we have agreed to change the installation day to Thursday this week...fingers crossed that the forecast snow doesn't pay a serious visit... :("

21st December 2005 - "Winter Solstice today, so officially the shortest day of the year (daylight-wise) and also officially "midwinter" (which was an excellent game back in the day btw)...but no sign of any snow IRL (yet)..."

21st January 2006 - "Flyingpops Party preperations are well underway...peeling, chopping and cooking up the promised Pizza (it was sold as "An Evening of Pizza and Beer" ;)..."

21st February 2006 - "Harrah! Holiday Booked! Sitting and monitoring the prices seems to have paid off (well done Flyingpops!)...£195 per head, all in, a week in sunny Tenerife at the Playa de la Arena resort, which you may be interested to learn, literally translated means "Beach of the Sand"...how imaginiatve... ;)"

Off to the airport in about half an hour...See ya!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hurray! No more sleeps to go...

Thanks to those taking us and picking us up frm the airport, you know who you are :)