06 March, 2006

STD ATM and weekend update...

STD ATM
Better watch what you stick in there...hehe... ;)

Anyway, weekend report time again (must try and get out of this habit...being lazy)! First up, I'm poorly again, just a cold, but it sucks because it feels like I only just got over the tonsilitis, so it's sudafed and olbas oil *again*...Oh, Internet access at home died sometime during the day on Thursday, so apart from a bit of shopping on Saturday AM (new, bright purple suitcase (easy to spot at luggage collection) for impending holiday purchased from market stall in Redhill) I had to spend the rest of the day waiting in for the engineer...it wasn't the cable box responsible (for once), it turned out to be a setting somewhere on their system, so by way of apology (as it had been down a while unnecessarily) they said they would waive the fee for this month, which definitely sweetened my sour mood...in the evening I fell asleep on the sofa waiting for the boxing to start...Sunday we went to homebase for some non-destructive means of attaching the net curtains to the UPVC window frames (stickers, 75p each, which fell off after 90 seconds) and also somehow came away with a flat-packed wardrobe, which was assembled and filled, but not where we wanted it as it was too big (no dimensions on the package, but it was cheap as it was "end of line", so hey... ;)
Played a bit of xbox, put GTA-LCS on my PSP (very nice!), bit annoying to play on the commute though as convenient moments to save are far too distant from one another...no way you could have a "save now" feature though or it would be too tempting to exploit during missions and thus remove much of the challenge...this morning (nearly felt bad enough to stay in bed) had a nice suprise when I got to my desk, Whittleman had saved me a little Formula One 2006 pamphlet that came bundled with "The Guardian" over the weekend...the new season starts on the 12th March at Bahrain (which I missed watching last year)...hurrah! :)

Update - I was actually over the tonsilitis by 2nd Feb, checked back...so it was quite a while ago...

3 comments:

Shablagoo! said...

Fink, you need more vitamin ci yer diet!

Unknown said...

I can't help but agree...

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear that you were, as my gran used to say, 'feeling queer' at the weekend. sounds like an average weekend at Casa Del Tommo.