13 March, 2006

Weekend Report - F1 returns

Smakc
Spotted in Balfe street this morning on a green bin (that hadn't been set on fire)...

Weekend report time (yep, sorry, but not lazy, broadband was down most of the weekend, I'm already not paying for this month thanks to the earlier outage though so I can't really complain)- Friday night we had dinner with my folks (venison, which was jolly nice), Saturday I went and did a bit of shopping in Redhill as I had a few pressies to buy, a 9 volt cell for the bathroom scales (in order to weigh the suitcases) and some superglue to stick the crappy hooks from Homebase up properly so we can have net curtains again (seems to be working, they are still up this morning!), also got the holiday cash converted into European dollars (just got to pack my clothes now)...Saturday night was DJmathu's birthday party over in Dorking, which involved much drinking, karaoke and (pretend) gambling (in that order)...Sunday's highlight was the start of this years F1 season, and what a start! Bahrain is an awesome circuit and the battle between Schumacher and Alonso couldn't have been much closer or more exciting (Flyingpops is supporting Schuey for some reason, so when Alonso took the lead we were both leaping around the living room yelling, she in frustration and I in glee! ;) Button (who I am supporting) did really, really well, he could have been a real contender if he hadn't mucked up the start, but the best drive, without question, was Räikkönen coming from the *back* to take third place...! Shame we're probably going to miss Malaysia next week...might find somewhere in the resort showing it though, you never know! Sunday we went over to take Brenda her birthday pressie, as we'll be on holiday on the actual day, braved the new Sainsbury's in Redhill (which was chaotic, even with the map that the security guard gave us) and after roast (lamb this week) we settled down to enjoy a glass or two of a really good Chablis (part of my "pay" from Flyingpops' employers, as they are using some of my photos on their website and presntation templates, I guess I'm a professional photographer now then ;) and watched the latest remake of "Pride and Prejudice", which was actually rather well done (apart from Matthew Macfadyen's "Mr. Darcy" who just looked a bit grumpy)...

I also made a start on "Moondust" but I really want to save that for beside the pool...not long to wait - as Flyingpops would say - "Only four more sleeps to go!"... ;)

2 comments:

Michal Dzierza said...

Nice blog.

Regards,

Michal

Unknown said...

Thanks... ;) Welcome to blogging, striking photo of Madrid btw...