10 April, 2006

Balfe Street - Blossom out

As promised... ;) I brought the Mavica into work today to shoot the blossom, which started to appear properly last week -
Balfe Street - Blossom
- after I shot this closeup I pulled my head back slightly from the camera to see if I needed to re-frame, and out of the corner of my eye I noticed a sleepy looking woman staring down at me from her open upstairs window (just out of shot to the left) I gave her a grin, said a cheeky "Mornin'" and walked on... ;)
Balfe Street - Blossom
- (just a shame that under all that blossom the scene at street level isn't quite up to scratch) -
Balfe Street - below on the pavement
I like carrying the Mavica in London, holding my tiny, battered point and shoot no-one gives a shit what you are trying to take a picture of, but I've had London commuters politely waiting for me to finish a shot, following my gaze curiously wondering what is so interesting, and once I even had a taxi driver give me the thumbs up and and wait when I was shooting Kings Cross station from the road...I think it's because's it's just sufficiently large enough to look like a *proper* camera... ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And, comment of the year award goes to...

"- (just a shame that under all that blossom the scene at street level isn't quite up to scratch) -"

Unknown said...

Thank you... ;) Oh, and a quick update, pretty much all the blossom is already gone, so lucky I took that pic when I did, it's mostly just green leaves now...!