13 April, 2006

First Capital Connect - New livery, new rules

First Capital Connect - New Livery 1
As suspected, well, it's not really new livery, just a litho slapped on the side and someone has scraped the word "Thameslink" off (if you zoom in you can see that it's still clearly readable by the door)...
First Capital Connect - New Livery 2
Same on the signs on the platform...except the "Thameslink" has remained, they have also replaced *most* of the advertising sites around the station with marketing pieces (which I won't bother to read)...

With the new management and new livery we also appear to have a new rule, as of yesterday the ticket barrier staff tell me that they are now "not really allowed" (so a nice clear rule then) to let you through the gate at the side of the barrier - regardless of whether your ticket is valid or not - mine *is*, but for some reason it beeps and flashes "Seek Assistance" each time I pop it into the ticket machines at the Thameslink end (works fine in Redhill)...the small female (Aussie?) insector told me that I should go and get a replacement ticket issued, I took one look at the queue in Kings Cross and decided I would get my replacement this morning instead, so when I got to the front of the (much smaller) queue at Redhill, I explained the situation to the guy behind the counter, but he almost refused to believe what I was saying, he was like "Eh? But that's a valid ticket mate, what are they going to do? Keep you on the platform?", I couldn't help but agree "Well, yes, that's exactly what I thought, it's not been a problem up until now, new rule apparently"...he scratched his head, shrugged his shoulders and issued me a new ticket *anyway*, but was still glancing over, looking like he didn't quite believe me as I was queuing for the barriers...I could almost hear the coffee-time "Never guess what those monkeys at Kings Cross are doing"...Didn't get a chance to try the ticket out yet though, it was a different inspector today, who had the gate wide open and was ignoring everyone except the two chavs he was telling off (who presumably didn't have tickets at all)...

Hehe...1-0 to me... ;)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I just hope that they're not so slapdash with public safety. If they cut corners here....
Makes you wonder how far they will go to save a buck.

Unknown said...

No doubt marketing are flush for the duration, that's for sure! ;)

Blogbad the bad said...

The seek assistance think has happened to me twice and I think FCC's attitude stinks.
"Go get a replacement ticket" Why the heck should I? I have already spent 10 minutes this week to buy a season ticket and I don't have time to stand waiting in another queue just so that FCC can justify their ticket barriers