23 June, 2006

Scotts ANT STOP! Bait station review

Astonishing...Ant trap #3
Jesus...what was that? 20 hours?

Mid-evening yesterday I found the source, they were creeping into the booze cabinet (from right under where you see the two corpses in the picture above), trying to carry away the tiny crystals of sugar from the tops of the sweet, sweet alcoholic drinks that Flyingpops favours (Taboo, Pimms, Baileys etc.)...easy target...

The scouts on the worktop, I decided, *were* literally that (either that or they were a bit lost)...and then, deliberately...I admit (why do I feel so guilty about this?)...the trap was moved into their newly discovered path...

By bed time, when I poured my glass of water (in case thirst came during the night), before retiring I took a curious peek inside the cabinet, only to discover a horrifying stream of probably hundreds of workers greedily ferrying the contents of the trap back towards their queen and young (just to boost their collective food reserves)...skin crawling and morals swaying - I just closed my eyes and slammed the door...

A little pile of twisted corpses greeted me this morning (I swept them into the bin) 40 or so...

This evening? Just 2...

This is supposed to take "up to 3 weeks"...we seem to have (and I make up a word) hiveocide in just under 20 hours...can that really be (gentle if terrible) slow fungal corruption?

I shudder at what power Tesco can hand me from their shelves before work these days - the power of life or death - served neatly up with a smile, in the same bag as my casually selected chicken, bacon and avacado sandwich...

5 comments:

Shablagoo! said...

:O

SenseofTumour said...

About the mad knife thing, just click any link on that post of my blog for a scan of the leaflet, I think I've already thrown mine away!

As for the christian movie reviewers, quite, quite nutty!
(with all due respect to the barking mad loons writing the stuff for the site)

Darfuria said...

Aye, it is quite worrying, not only what you can get over the counter at your local supermarket, but at what age you can purchase it at too.

How long will it be until the ants' Tesco stocks human poison?

Unknown said...

Came across your blog after googling the product name. Our ants were coming in from under the door. Just checked the trap now and there's a stream of the things going in and out of the trap. Hopefully tomorrow we'll see the same results you did.

darfuria : There's a legal age limit of 18. I'm 22 and they ID'd me for the stuff so I doubt there's much to worry about.

Mark said...

Chalk me up as another person who googled the product name for reviews. They are going to the station now, the stupid idiots. I look forward to sweeping up a mountain of corpses tomorrow.