05 June, 2006

The Urban Chef BBC2 / The Prince Albert, Kings Cross

Cool! A new (ten part) TV show starts airing tonight on BBC2, it's called "The Urban Chef", it's set in Kings Cross (i.e. right around the corner from me!) in the restaurant owned by new-face celebrity chef Oliver Rowe, not sure of the name, but it apparently lurks behind the dark green facade that was the "Prince Albert" pub at the actual Kings Cross...now, this is interesting for two reasons -

  1. It's nearby, and apparently fairly reasonable, so I might be able to go and eat there...(although I wish I had found out about this before the TV show, as it's going to be impossible to get a table now as a result)...
  2. He is a man with a mission, every single ingredient used in the resturant has (by self imposed rules) to be locally grown/produced and sourced from within the M25...(so where does he get his black pepper from then? ;)

Anyway, hopefully I can get back in time to see the start (1830hrs)! ;)

Update - Missed about 5 mins, but a really good show!

Update update - Finally made it to the resturant to eat! Check out my pics and write up!

No comments: