07 July, 2006

7/7 - One year on

7/7 One year on - Media Circus
Got to Kings Cross early so I could take a few snaps before work, and as expected it was a real media circus, rows of anchormen either having make-up applied/touched up or waiting patiently to deliver their scripted commentary...
7/7 One year on - Media Circus
...again from the traffic island (which means I was probably on 3 or 4 TV channels at this point), check out the satellite dish on the van on the right...
7/7 One year on - Media Circus
No anchormen here, so this footage was going to be cut into reports for later on...
7/7 One year on - Coppers
Lots of police too...(as I was expecting)...
7/7 One year on - Reporter
This guy was reading his report to someone over the phone "It began as a day like any other"...(not very original ;)
7/7 One year on
Using the photographers trick that I spotted during the 2 minutes silence last year, I climbed to the 2nd floor of the McDonalds on the corner and shot out the window (I think I counted 20 coppers in this shot!) -
7/7 - One year on - The tribute
- and a close up on the floral tribute...

I posted a lot on 7/7, made a lot of newspapers - mostly German, Brazillian and Dutch (strangely), traffic went through the roof (still get a lot of hits out of it) as I was practically all the news and pictures coming steadily out of Kings Cross at the time, doing my citizen journalist bit...anyway, if you want to read my thoughts as I typed them then you are best off starting at the bottom of the 7th - click here to set the wayback machine to July - and then reading up...lots of pictures/thoughts about what happened on the day (from my perspective)...

No comments: