18 July, 2006

London Heatwave update

Heatwave London
It's getting a bit stupid now, London has been hotter than Bermuda, the Canary Islands (those just off the Sahara desert)...and even with the aircon blasting out in my office, according to the local digital thermometer it's *still* managed to work it's way above the legal limit for transporting cattle and also above the WHO maximum "guideline" figure for the "comfort of human beings"...still, we can't help the weather...and it's (according to the Evening Standard) been inhumanly hot on the tube and even worse on the buses during the heat of the day... :(

Really looking forward to the many ventilation and aircon-free bus and train journeys facing me during my 4-5+ hours of commute tomorrow...(especially with this wonderful summer cold making breathing so easy)...and tomorrow is the big one...last time it got this bad I couldn't bloody move...

2 comments:

Darfuria said...

I'll be glad when it's over, to be honest.

Ever noticed how when it's cold, people say
"Oh, it's too cold for me.", and when it's hot people say
"Oh, it's too hot for me.".

There's just never a perfect temperature, is there!?

Unknown said...

Hehe...strongly agree... ;)