14 August, 2006

Broken Finger

Okay, I've broken my middle finger on my right hand, first time I have broken anything (for some odd reason the doctor dismissed my denial of being guilty of fighting with a stern over-the-glasses frown, how unfair, accidents can happen doc!)...

I can type, as you can see, (very slowly) with my left hand but the nurse was instructed to bind my fingers together, then tied my whole right hand to my left shoulder, so I'm down to one arm. PC use/turning pages in books/opening doors while carrying anything/etc/etc/etc, in fact, living has now become rather a challenge (not that my left hand was any good at the whole "mouse" thing anyway, constantly missing my aim and mucking up which way round the buttons are...nightmare)...anyway, typing like this is pretty uncomfortable (basically back to one finger), so I'll sign off here...next stop the Fracture clinic... :(

And no, "B", I'm not going to entertain a ruler on a head strap as a typing aid at this stage either... ;)

3 comments:

Shablagoo! said...

Breaking an arm is even more fun I can tell ye !

Anonymous said...

How did you do it ? Type with your other arm !

Anonymous said...

It's not as easy as it sounds, give it a try...