30 October, 2006

Closed Bus Stop #2

Spotted another one today (my previous, and up to that point, singular other occurence of bus stops that are "closed" is my normal stop to get off the number 17 - I literally walk out of the back door of the bus, take a single step, swipe my card in the door and I'm in the office, quite incredbily convenient...) but this one was down the Gray's Inn Road (just before you hit Kings Cross)...I had finished reading Metro and didn't (really) have time to boot up the PSP, so I was just gazing out of the window...about 200 yards ahead of us I spotted a young couple with a push chair (and what looked like luggage) frantically waving at the driver of our bus in a futile attempt to get him to stop...they obviously hadn't spotted the (albeit rather small and very high up) yellow sticker attached to the top of the sign reading simply "Closed". As we zoomed past them, I glanced back in sympathy, but they weren't moving or apparently looking for an explaination, just patiently awaiting the next bus!

I hope it doesn't take too long to sink in... :(

No comments: