16 November, 2006

Soft Tissue Damage...

East Surrey Hospital
What on Earth is it with me at the moment...? Only a couple of months on from the broken finger and I'm back in hospital...!

Ironically, it was exactly the same doctor too, he didn't remember me, I thought about it for a second (as he had been a little judgemental last time) and then decided to remind him of our prior acquaintance...he apologised ("I do see rather a lot of patients, you know"), but then suddenly recalled "Oh yes, you were due to go on holiday just as it happened, did you make it?", so I had actually made something of an impression (not that it's important) but anyway... ;)

To cut another NHS story rather shorter than it probably should have been, I have been, poked, prodded, scanned (all as usual) and then sent home, bound with some wonderful experimental German latex tubigrip replacement (which is going to save the NHS millions, apparently) , am taking drugs whose only function seems to be to make me feel sick, been given a poorly photocopied sheet explaining how to put frozen peas on my leg and have been told to take "total rest" for four days - "don't make any journey further than the loo, Mr Angel, then we might get you back into London for next week"...

Pants...

7 comments:

bigbluemeanie said...

Ha! I have been to that exact place three times this year (admittedly only once was for myself). It looks quiet in the photograph - the last time I was there it was crowded.

bigbluemeanie said...

And of course I hope you get better soon!

Ginco said...

Patient: Doctor, you've got to help me, I think I'm a kleptomaniac!
Doctor: Don't worry, I think there's something you can take for that!
Fink, just stay put, take your medication - and GET WELL SOON!!
:-))

Unknown said...

Thanks chaps, couldn't wait for my meds this morning, last night was agony, kept on waking up, in the end I took my pillows from under my head and put them under my knee!

Perhaps it's time to put me out of my misery... ;)

Ginco said...

Nah nah nah!! You remind me of the patient who said "Doctor Doctor, I think I've swallowed a spoon!" and the Doc said "Sit down and don't stir!!!!

Anonymous said...

Not again dude, your almost as bad as me. When your mobile again you must come down here for a bit of R & R one Saturday.

Anonymous said...

Might be an idea to invest in a couple of gel packs that you can put in the freezer to act as ice packs, I found them invaluable and they can also be used for heat treatment too. Hope you wont need them but it pays to be prepared mate.