10 February, 2007

Beating Jet Lag

Just woken up, turned on the TV (Interview with a Vampire on TNT, whoever said US TV never has anything on worth watching?), and it really feels like 0630hrs, so I think I made it! Woo hoo! ;) The trick, for me at least, seems to be to stay awake into the early hours, do the super push through the fatigue...
New York #26
So last night I headed down to the restaurant in the hotel, enjoyed some Brooklyn Lager (which is actually excellent) and a little more of my book (didn't eat the salty M&Ms) -
New York #25
- then decided to have Veal alla Marsala (Veal scallopine with three types of mushrooms and marsala, served with fried potato) for dinner, enjoying it with an excellent chardonnay, which complimented it perfectly...
New York #27
However, I must try to eat much more total rubbish from here on in, both because it's very hard to get the particular kind of total rubbish that the Americans do so well at home, and for our mutual amusement...Oh, I have to eat breakfast in the hotel first though, which will probably be quite good, judging by last night's effort... ;)
New York #29
Now to try and cram myself into the impossibly small American bathtub and wash myself with "Rusk" soap... ;)

More later...

No comments: