27 March, 2007

Petition - Stop fake unlimited broadband

Okay, everyone (from the UK) please sign this government petition which seeks official pressure to help prevent any UK broadband provider falsely advertising "unlimited" broadband...exact text of what you will be signing is pasted below -

"We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister to Insist that OFCOM and the ASA stop Broadband Providers advertising 'unlimited' services that are in fact limited in the small print or by un-defined fair use policies".

Only takes 2 ticks, fill in name, email/postal addresses and hit "Sign", 2 mins later you get an email, read it and click the link...

This is modern politics folks, and it's nice and easy...! ;)

Wonder if anyone has posted it to Slashdot or Digg yet?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

well worth signing

Anonymous said...

In defense of Orange broaband, I got it when it was still Wanadoo, and have never had any problems with it despite what you hear about them in the media. I also have a 2 Gig monthly limit which I'm sure I pass every month and have never heard a dickie bird from them.

I've always thought of these "fair use policies" as a protection mechanism for the ISPs for people that are really taking the p*ss. I would have thought its only people downloading movies that are likely to fall into this category.... but I could be wrong!

-x-