03 April, 2007

Weekend update - Busy. busy, busy!

(Haven't had to do one of those in a while!)
Anyway, as of yesterday I am now officially off on vacation until after Easter, managed to do a bit of work on Colin the Camper hopefully with a view to getting down to the New Forest for a couple of days (but more on that later)...

First off, announcement time, Tommo has agreed to be my best man for the wedding (hurrah!), went to see him on Saturday, ate beers, played curry and drank in plenty of gaming (or something like that, my memory is a bit cloudy ;), this time I took my 360 over and plugged it into his HDTV...and WOW! Totally different experience...going to have to seriously think about getting hold of one...more money I don't have...bah... :(

Sunday saw us jumping into Colin (after meeting up with Flyingpops in Dorking) and nipping over to pick up a new wardrobe and chest of drawers (which are jolly nice and already manoeuvred into position in the bedroom)...I spent the rest of the day feeling a bit hung over, and was in bed by eleven...

Monday was a busy day, nipped into Redhill to pay in some cheques (after playing around with some big expensive cameras in Jessops, and some cheap pay as you go contracts in the Orange store to perhaps finance the never-never on the aforementioned devices), then had a wander around the Belfry -
Belfry #1
- (interesting new vending machine appeared on the upper floor since my last visit) -
Redhill Bathroom Centre
- then to the bathroom centre to look at new bathroom suites, this one being our favourite (so far) and also being just about in budget, nice deep bath too -
Skimmington Castle #2
- we popped to homebase, picked up some bits and bobs for the work on Colin (including two huge bits of hardboard which forced me to put my seat right forward and sit all cramped up), and then stopped for lunch at the Skimmington Castle just outside Reigate (on the heath) -
Skimmington Castle #1
- I had Welsh Rarebit (which came with a slice of bacon on the top, lucky Flyingpops didn't order it!) which was pretty good, menu was a bit on the expensive side for my taste though, then we dropped all the stuff from homebase off at home and went and did the Tesco shopping, where we spotted the Garden Marquee just opening for the first time this year -
Tesco Gatwick Garden Marquee
- then back home, I did a bit of work on Colin then I cooked dinner, watched a few of the new episodes of South Park and sleep...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah, just about recovered now. Great to see ya and finally meet Colin.

Unknown said...

Well, here's to our many more regular meetings to come!