14 May, 2007

Bird Table - Thrush

Thrush on the Bird Table
Well, having a 10x zoom certainly makes taking pictures of the wildlife a bit easier! Even shot this one through the patio doors (they get a bit scared if you open the door)... ;)

Really funny thing I have noticed about the birds just lately is that they seem to have specific times (like humans eating breakfast, lunch and dinner) when they all seem to turn up, not a minute goes by without at least one of them grabbing a cheeky mouthful, and then the bird table is empty for hours on end...

I guess they eat until their little bellies are full and then just muck around for a while, not much else for them to do at this time of year! Oh and something I did forget, even though I now remember I noticed them doing last year, they are using the water garden as a bird bath *and* for drinking water...no wonder I'm having to top it up so often!

Still, there's absolutely nothing I can do about it short of putting it under chicken wire (which would rather ruin it's appearance imho)...

No comments: