16 November, 2007

Flickr DNA

Well, that picture of the fire a few days ago took a bit of a hammering, it got as far as Sky News in less than 20 minutes, the Guardian Newspaper featured it on one of their blogs, and over 2200 other people took a bit of a gander...so a bit of "right place, right time" (and thank goodness I always carry a camera!), previous best (since moving to "The Wharf") being the picture of the Thames Barrier in the "up" position (but that pales in comparison)...and it was this picture that has clued me in on the possibility of having one's pictures included in "Explore" on Flickr...

I mean, I knew it existed alright, even poked around on there from time to time, but I never dreamed of all the "shooters" out there, that one of mine might make it...a couple of comments on the picture told me I had, and I was rather proud of that, and then I discovered Flickr DNA...which shows quite clearly that this is not my first time to have been so honoured, in fact, I have had *ELEVEN* pictures featured there since I started Flickring, and *no-one* thought to tell me until now! Quite extraordinary!

Unfortunately the first two I can't claim credit for, and were from the early days of my blog (before I really knew what I was going to do with it, or Flickr so much for that matter, my XML button is still being served from there!)...

Anyway, interesting to finally discover I have been so honoured...thank you Mr (or Mrs) Flickr for all the kind exposure... ;)

3 comments:

boohoo said...

That's really cool. Well done you!

jwaltz1313 said...

oh thats cool man, it was one hell of a shot.

Unknown said...

Thanks guys... ;)