14 May, 2009

I felt the baby move...

...for the first time last night! Flyingpops has been complaining for almost a week now that the movements from the bump have been getting increasingly violent, *really* surprising her when they occur without warning and even on occasion making her physically recoil in shock, and it's only going to get more intense from here on in...I conclude, therefore, that we have probably just about reached the stage (I was warned about in my daddy-to-be guide book) where the little, enjoyable ticklish "fluttering" feelings are over, and from here on in it's going to be much more like something she just has to put up with (might be a couple of weeks of novelty wearing off to go, if we are lucky)...

The good side effect of this, of course, is that while before if I picked up any sort of feeling at all, it was less pronounced than my own pulse, last night I was able to distinctly feel movement beneath the skin (it still feels a little diffuse to me, as it would do, but it was unmistakably present)...Flyingpops describes it as like being punched, not slugged to the ground, obviously, but a decent deliberate whack...so the little blighter is getting strong, but then, when one stops to think about it, we are only days away from the six month stage in the pregnancy now, if you can believe that! In just over three months (it's going so *fast*!) if everything continues going as smoothly as it's gone so far, I'll be posting a picture of the individual responsible for all this bashing about here for all to see...! ;)

1 comment:

Flyingpops said...

and how lovely it was to share it with you sweetheart