05 October, 2009

Earlswood Station National Customer Service Week

Earlswood Station Customer Service Week
Spotted this sign at Earlswood station this morning (sorry for the terrible photo, only had my mobile with me and it isn't wonderful in low light) - anyway, apparently it's "National Customer Service Week" this week (Hurrah...!) and to help celebrate customer service (in all it's various forms), our local railway station has decided to do a (wait for it!) "guess the number of sweets in the jar" competition...! It nearly made me choke on my yoghurt drink as I muffled my guffaw, but sadly it's actually more brilliant than the *terrible* suggestions for things to do that I found on the ICS website, for example - Why not answer the phone with a cheery "Thank you for calling during customer service week!" - or - Why not bring in a photo or cuddly toy that makes you smile to put on your desk? - or - have a poetry day! - (would have loved to see them try to organise that with the grumpy commuters) or the simply brilliant - Form an Action Group/Committee! I'm sure the single employee of Earlswood station was thrilled when she was asked to form a committee (on her own) to come up with an idea...

I'm just left at a complete loss to understand what *any* of this does to improve customer service?

4 comments:

-MR X- said...

that's hilarious!

Anonymous said...

Do tell.... did you enter???!!!!....

kipperfrog said...

haha, awesome.. that makes me want to go and catch a train from Horsham just to see how they try and enrich my customer experience!

Mum said...

A prime example of box ticking from some benighted employee!Hurrah for bits of paper generated by nerds who have no idea what a rich life is.