15 October, 2009

Shhh...the baby is sleeping through the night! :0

You know what? I was this close to not even starting to open my mouth on this subject, just in case my doing so caused the universe to lash out and punish me (purely on the off-chance that my motivations for doing so would be smugness and complacency, even though all that *really* exists in my mind is peace and joy) that I nearly didn't write anything about it at all...

However, a few factors coaxed me into (haltingly) doing do, i.e. - it's not a thundery night, my wet copper armour is still hanging in the hall cupboard, I decided not to walk up to the top of the hill and stand under the blasted oak, and profane exclamations against all those who could reasonably argue a bit of shelf space in the Pantheon are (frankly) the furthest things from my lips at the moment...(thank you Terry)...

So let's get to the (whispered) point (although you probably guessed some of it from the post's title) -

Thomas is regularly sleeping for almost six and a half hours a night!

SHHHHHhhhh!!!!

He's having a *huge* bottle at 10pm (with very wide eyes and frantic sucking action) and then collapsing into an almost catatonic state until 4.30am, when Flyingpops is giving him a little feed, and then (check this out) he goes back to sleep until the alarm goes off at about 6.30am...! This means *all* of us are currently enjoying a good night's sleep!

How long can we expect to enjoy this? Weeeeell...Who knows...but let's just cross all our fingers and toes that the swap back to GMT on the 25th of October isn't too disruptive...! ;)

4 comments:

-MR X- said...

top tip (regardless of what the do-gooding health visitors might tell you) If you want a really good night's sleep you can start giving them baby rice last thing at night (say 8ish) from 3 months ;-)

That should give you possibly 8-12 hours!

Anonymous said...

enjoy.... all change when Thomas starts teething.... bless...

Absolute Beginner said...

Lucky you!!! Hope mine is as chilled when he/she arrives!!

Flyingpops said...

Oh thanks Mr.X... I might wait till 4 months, just because he was a little premature, but for now, I'm trying just rocking Thomas as 4.30/5 and not feeding him, just to try and get him back off to sleep again without food...