24 June, 2010

Byron Bull in Cabot Place

Byron Bull in Cabot Place
I actually did a very shocked double-take coming down the escalator from the DLR into Cabot Place shopping mall when I spotted this enormous cow (and calf) sat right in the middle of my field of vision...absolutely not the sort of thing your tired mind expects to be confronted with during the daze of the commute...turns out that the reason for their presence is a reasonable one though, a new (reasonably cheap - for the Wharf) burger joint has emerged from the flames of Chilli's funeral pyre...the nice smiling ladies who were standing with the cows very kindly gave me a menu, a shiny sherrifs badge (nice touch) and a small black sweet to celebrate it's opening, so I thought the least I could do would be to mention their kindness on the internets...might even pop up for a burger next time I forget my packed lunch (they do take-away) and let you know what I think... ;)

Om nom nom... ;)

No comments: