21 August, 2011

Thomas goes into a 'Big Boy Bed'

Now I'm two, Mummy and Daddy have decided its time for me to move into a big boy bed! I'm very excited when they tell me I'm getting a "Thomas the tank engine" one but then have to wait all week for it! On Saturday Mummy goes into my bedroom, makes a great big mess pulling out all my toys, gets Daddy to move furniture around and then it looks so much bigger and I eagerly await the new bed, due on Sunday....

5.30am Sunday morning, I wake up very early as I'm excited and I'm very lucky as Mummy buys me a new duvet and pillow when we go shopping...
When I get home, we have to take them out of the wrapping very quickly and then test them out for size in the covers Uncle Keith got me for Christmas...I then practice going to sleep in the living room....

Then I leave Mummy and Daddy with lots of poles, screws and they make a mess whilst I go to play with my friend Lovely Louise for a bit!
When I come back, my room has been transformed and there is a new bed waiting for me!
You can see how Happy I am as I put my head down, then roll around in the new duvet...

I cuddle my teddy, then discover that it really is a Thomas the Tank engine bed, with a special holder for my cup!
I'm far too excited to go down for a lunchtime nap and spend all afternoon playing in my bedroom, cooking up a storm in my toy kitchen and making Mummy pretend coffee... After a delicious roast dinner, relaxing bath, episode of In the Night Garden and short story, Mummy takes me to bed. At first, I get up lots and try to turn on the lights (but Daddy took out the lightbulb!) and after 15 minutes, I'm happily snoring and dreaming of my new bed...
Mummy and Daddy wonder how tonight will go and what time I'll wake them up in the morning.. we'll have to wait and see!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ah, just love him to bits. Before you know it he'll be riding a Harley & bringing girls home lol. Yup, got that the right way round. Love to y'all

Lovely Louise said...

awwww, i love thomas new bed and duvet, he really looks like he is enjoying it and loves to sleep in it. something new and interesting. I love that its near to a drink too :) xxxx don't need mummys and daddys help xx

Anonymous said...

Ohhh!! really really lovely pics.Beautiful post!!!Quality Beds and Mattresses