25 July, 2012

Olympic Commute...

London Bridge Olympic sign
Okay, I'm starting to get slightly concerned about next week now...not only (on BBC Breakfast this morning) did they show the (pretty amazing) Olympic travel control center, which looked a bit like the War Room set in Dr Strangelove, there interviewing an official who was saying something along the lines of "I pity the fools who are going to try and get into London as usual" (I paraphrase slightly, but that was the essence), I then spotted this new sign at Charing Cross when I got there this morning...

I *can't* board my train home at Charing Cross...!  Am I going to be allowed to change at London Bridge platform 5, or will I be forced to exit the station and re-queue to get in?  Taking a Tonbridge train (and rolling the dice) is starting to seem more attractive if that is to be my alternative...

Update - Started to plan bus routes in and out of Central London...reminder to put lots of money on my Oyster card...

2 comments:

Flyingpops said...

will work not just book you a taxi every day?!?! ;o) Seriously, can you change your hours and do super early start/early finish?

Alan Mayer said...

Yes, it does look like you need an alternative to the commuter trains. The bus might be slower, but at least it will get you out of the congested centre! Good luck!