03 January, 2018

Redhill Platform zero is open!

Redhill platform 0Redhill platform 0
...and it only cost fifty million pounds!  Are we still wondering why the rail fares have gone up again?  Actually, in my neck of the woods we don't actually have a fare increase this year, but this is only because we have been bearing the brunt of the increases for the last decade or so while everyone else got off lightly (comparatively) - so at least someone thought of Reigate and Redhill residents for a change... ;)

Anyway, I have already noticed a tangible difference to my journey, from now on we won't have to wait for the service that precedes my train (from Tonbridge) to pull in to platform 1 first, it now terminates on platform 0.  Although as a result the Reading train now goes a lot further up platform 1, so I will have to change the place where I sit!

No comments: